If you’ve been struggling with digestive issues recently, you’ve probably landed on this page looking for some much-needed relief. United Naturals has created a new product, Synbiotic 365: Advanced Probiotic Formula, and we’re going to give it an in-depth review so you can see if this is the right supplement to help you improve your quality of life. Read on to understand what it is, where it came from and what it can do for your gut health.
Our Rating: 4.6/5
Best for Weight Loss
Why is your gut flora important?
Within your gut you have a huge microbiome of bacteria, both good and bad, that influence so many aspects of your health from your immune system to your digestion. The good bacteria are called probiotics and a healthy individual can have over 400 different species of probiotic and a collective of around 40 trillion good and bad bacterial cells living inside their gut at anytime.
As this research article states, the current definition of probiotics from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations World Health Organization is:
“live microorganisms which when administered in adequate amounts confer a health benefit on the host.”
The only time the bad bacteria would negatively impact your health is when the balance between good and evil is out of whack in your gut, that’s why it’s a good idea to take a daily probiotic supplement.
And just like we humans need to eat to survive and thrive, so do probiotics. Their food comes in the form of prebiotics which are tiny, indigestible fibres found in foods like oats, bananas, asparagus, onions and garlic – so you’re probably already getting a healthy daily dose of them.
Constructed by Dr Vincent Pedre M.D
Dr. Vincent Pedre, M.D. first created this product when he teamed up with the United Naturals’ founder who was wanting to find a cure for his girlfriend’s extensive digestive problems.
Dr. Vincent Pedre was educated at Cornell University graduating with honours, gained his degree at the University of Miami School of Medicine and takes a holistic, functional approach towards wellbeing.
HIS PHILOSOPHY: His philosophy and practices seem to be a blend of Western and Eastern medical traditions, as stated on his website for Pedre Integrative Health. This is the company he founded and now uses to focus on improving the gut health of his patients through a combination of food, lifestyle and medication.
What can Synbiotic 365 do for you?
QUICK SNAPSHOT: Let’s quickly understand what the term ‘synbiotic’ means. A synbiotic product is one which contains both prebiotics and probiotics, they synergistically exist inside the supplement to optimise the effects of probiotic benefits. Here’s just a few of those benefits:
- Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients
- Reduces bloating, cramping, gas, etc.
- Assists with symptoms of conditions such as IBS, diarrhea, ulcerative colitis, liver disease, etc.
- Reduces inflammation effectively throughout the body
- Boosts immune function and is responsible for 70% of your immune response
- Creates an acidic environment in the gut so bad bacteria can’t survive
- Regulates female health by balancing hormones and promoting healthy vaginal flora, therefore preventing bacterial vaginosis/vaginal thrush
- Stimulates production of vitamins like B12 and K for energy plus healthy hair, skin and nails
Along with being a synbiotic, this product also contains the 8 essential B vitamins that the body needs to function correctly, here are the benefits of each:
Thiamin (Vitamin B1)
Enables the body to convert carbohydrates from food into energy which is essential for glucose metabolism. Also helps with the flow of electrolytes in and out of your muscles and nerve cells, playing a key role in the optimal function of the nervous system, digestive system, your heart and muscles.
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
Breaks down proteins, fats and carbohydrates for energy. Also assists with hormone production, fetal development, maintaining the mucous membranes in your digestive system and maintaining a healthy liver, eyes, nerves, muscles, and skin, among other things.
Niacin (Vitamin B3)
Breaks down proteins, fats and carbohydrates for energy. Helps produce certain hormones that remove harmful chemicals from the liver. Assists with managing cholesterol levels. The recommended daily intake for adults is 16 milligrams daily and the absolute maximum is 35 milligrams, this product contains 32 milligrams and so may not be the right product for you if you’re already consuming greens, meat, poultry, fish, and eggs daily.
Metabolises sugars, fats, carbohydrates and proteins, and is essential for growth and development of your brain, nerves, skin, eyes, and more. Helps avoid anaemia and seizures, and is effective for mood regulation, reducing premenstrual syndrome, nausea during pregnancy, arthritis and heart disease.
Folate (Vitamin B9)
Essential for healthy growth and development, folate is extremely important for women to consume during pregnancy to ensure the correct formation of their baby’s neural tube to prevent serious defects. For everyone else, folate also helps metabolise proteins and aids in the production of red blood cells and healthy cell function.
Helps break down fatty and amino acids to produce energy, also helps with making red blood cells, nerves and DNA. Symptoms of a B12 deficiency, which are quite common, can include heart palpitations, digestive issues, bruising easily, tiredness and anaemia. As B12 isn’t found in plants, those who consume a vegan or vegetarian diet may be at higher risk of a deficiency.
Biotin (Vitamin B7)
Helps to process glucose and metabolise proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Important for healthy hair, skin and nails, but also for psychological and nervous system function. Biotin also helps to lower bad cholesterol levels.
Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5)
Breaks down fats and carbohydrates for energy, promotes healthy skin, eyes, hair and liver function. Helps to create red blood cells, as well as stress-related and sex hormones. Maintains digestive health, processes other vitamins and lowers cholesterol. Found in almost all foods and so it’s easy to get enough of it in your diet.
PRO TIP: Generally, you only need to supplement with B vitamins if you’re deficient because you’re not getting enough in your diet, keep this in mind when considering this product and be sure to consult your doctor to see if it’s right for you.
Probiotic strains in Synbiotic 365
There are 20 billion colony forming units (CFU) in 1 capsule/serving of this supplement, which is an excellent amount for beginners to consume without feeling any side effects whilst your body gets used to the new dose of probiotics.
It’s also a great amount to maintain your digestive health in the long-run. We wouldn’t recommend exceeding 1 serving of this supplement a day as you don’t want to overdo it on the B vitamins, which are already exceeding the daily recommended amount in each capsule.
Synbiotic 365 strains benefits
There are 14 different strains of probiotic in Synbiotic 365 so you’re going to get a huge range of benefits across the board. Here’s a quick list of all the different strains and what they help with:
- Lactobacillus gasseri BNR-17® – A strain that’s isolated from human breast milk and inhibits weight gain.
- OPTI-BIOME Bacillus subtilis MB-40 – A strain created to be more resistant to acidic environments, assists with breaking down food to aid digestion and energy production among other benefits.
- Bifidobacterium lactis BIO-4™ – Reinforces the gut barrier to prevent leaky gut, stopping harmful substances from getting into the bloodstream. Also helps with immunity, allergies, inflammation, cholesterol and diabetes management.
- Lactobacillus paracasei Lpc-37™ – Boosts the immune system and inflammatory response, inhibits harmful pathogens and encourages a healthy microbiome. Specifically helps to reduce yeast infections and maintain dental health by fighting bacteria associated with periodontal disease.
- Lactobacillus plantarum Lp-115™ – Helps boost iron absorption, improve heart health by reducing blood pressure and assist digestion by speeding up the time it takes for food to be processed through the colon.
- Streptococcus thermophilus St-21™ – Able to survive and thrive in much higher temperatures, this strain does not travel through the body but ferments in the small intestine. Generates lactic acid and helps to break down dairy products efficiently.
- Lactobacillus casei Lc-11™ – Assists with symptoms from colic, constipation, lactose intolerance, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and Crohn’s disease.
- Lactobacillus reuteri – Inhibits the colonisation of pathogenic microbes, reduces inflammation and strengthens the intestinal barrier.
- Lactobacillus salivarius Ls-33™- Helps to prevent problems in the mouth such as gingivitis and cavities as well as strep throat. Fast-growing strain of bacteria that crowds out bad bacteria and therefore combats symptoms of IBS, ulcerative colitis and yeast overgrowth.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus Lr-32™ – Breaks down sugars in dairy into lactic acid. Adheres itself to and colonises intestinal walls, reinforcing itself and giving itself a better chance at survival. Helps with diarrhea, IBS symptoms and urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- Lactobacillus fermentum – Boosts the immune system with antioxidant properties, lowers cholesterol, improves liver, mood and brain function. Can also increase the bioavailability of calcium, phosphorus and zinc.
- Bifidobacterium bifidum Bb-06™ – Helps with combatting symptoms of lung infections, constipation, IBS, ulcerative colitis, diarrhea and pouchitis. Can also help to restore the gut wall after damage from illness.
- Bifidobacterium longum Bl-05™ – Effective in stabilising the gut microbiome as well as alleviating gastrointestinal, immunological and infectious diseases.
- Saccharomyces boulardii – Most commonly used for treating diarrhea.
Prebiotic in Synbiotic365
As mentioned earlier, prebiotics are food for probiotics, giving them the energy they need to thrive and pass on as many health benefits to you as possible. The prebiotic included in Synbiotic 365 is chicory root inulin. This is a type of fibre that comes from the roots of the chicory plant native to northwestern Europe.
Inulin from the chicory root has a sweet taste and is often used to replace fats and sugars in some foods as it can bulk it up and add extra fibre without the added calories. It’s completely safe to consume and is a great choice to add to the probiotic, prebiotic, and vitamin mix in this supplement.
Other ingredients in Synbiotic 365
Now you know all the good stuff that’s in this supplement, what about the extra bits and pieces? The good news is that there’s not a lot of extras in this product, but we’ll quickly explain what each are below.
An alternative to traditional gelatin capsules, this plant-derived cellulose casing allows extra protection for sensitive materials inside the capsule, allowing them to travel further through the body unharmed – an excellent choice for transporting probiotics safely through harsh stomach acid and getting them where they need to be.
A viscous soluble fiber produced from lactose or glucose, usually used to bind, stabilise and thicken processed foods. Completely safe in such small amounts.
Rice hull concentrate
An organic ingredient made from rice hulls to act as an alternative to silicon dioxide, serves to make sure ingredients flow evenly and don’t stick together.
There are no traces of soy, nuts, eggs, gluten or dairy in this product and it’s GMO-free so it’s ticking all the right boxes.
The only place you can buy this product is directly from the United Naturals website. The company will offer a 60 day money-back guarantee if you’re not happy with their supplement, meaning you can try it risk-free and be confident that this company believes in their product enough to back it up with this added bonus.
|# of Boxes||Price||Price Per Box|
|1 Box||$45||$45 per box|
|3 Boxes||$119||$39.67 per box|
|6 boxes||$229||$38.17 per box|
Synbiotic 365 is priced at the higher range of the market with many other synbiotic products being priced around half the amount, but it certainly isn’t the most expensive.
Synbiotic 365 FAQ’s
1 box contains 30 capsules
Chicory root is a great source of prebiotics. Up to 47% of its fibre comes from prebiotic fibre inulin.
United Naturals is a relatively new company founded in 2017 in Canada. Their address is 1790 Canal St St 401, Montreal, Quebec H3K 3E6, Canada.
1 box is $49, 3 boxes $119, 6 boxes $229.
As with all products sold online there is a possibility that scams do exist. Always ensure to purchase the product direct from the company.
With essential B vitamins, prebiotic, a huge range of probiotic strains and an excellent amount of CFU, all backed by doctor research, this is a great product that should yield excellent results.
The price is a little higher than average and the availability of this product could be improved by having it be sold in more places that just the United Naturals site, but if you can get your hands on this synbiotic supplement you’ll also benefit from a 60 day money-back guarantee if you’re not satisfied. An awesome incentive if you’re wanting to give this product a try.
Writer, Product Tester.
Adele is a budding content writer with a passion for all things health and fitness related. In her time off Adele enjoys reading, travelling and exploring Sydney’s culinary delights.